Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting out of the way

Reading poems is for a bloke like me like meeting people. These written signs, birdfeet-like, made of black ink sometimes come to life. I visit them like good old friends, dream and sit and drink with them, often in the secret of my heart, sometimes openly, outrageously cause I love it. The following old Chinese stuff is very dear to me, it is also quite mysterious, ambiguous. I don't know what it means even if, in a fraction of a dream, I sense that my-your-everybody's life has that taste. A taste of a tasteless nature. A bite of nothing. This poem rings like a lightness and clarity of a temple bell in the hazy distance as my moody and clumsy feet are caught in marshes and bogs (blogs?). It is written by Li Po. Here it is:

Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain


The birds have vanished from the sky
Now the last cloud drains away

We sit together
The mountain and me
until only the mountain remains

9 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

:)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Johnny Newt said...

Wonderful..wonderless?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Neither nor. Wonder to hear from you.

deep bows, Johnny.

Maybe we'll meet soon, in Japan.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Thank you, Michael.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mike Cross said...

Does getting out of the way know itself? Knowing itself, does it call itself "getting out of the way"?

When the last cloud drains away, does the empty sky come up with "Zazen on Ching-t'ing Mountain"?

When only the mountain remains, is it that the mountain wishes to express itself in a poem?

You are a fraud, Pierre. A big French Fraud, with two capital Fs. Probably because you are such a big French Fraud, that is why you get drawn before the mirror of other frauds -- like Li Po, and others.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Sure.

Thank you, Mike.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole Raisin Stern said...

I like your blog.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Thank you, Nicole.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Thank you Anu,

Buddha bless

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home