Thursday, February 15, 2007

the windbell

In praise of all my teachers from whom I received life-as-it-is, for the Buddhist patriarchs, for Kodo, Niwa, Gudo and Chodo Cross, my boundless gratitude. In praise of the ineffable that I don't understand and don't practice well, in praise of the kesa, my life and my love. For all of you.


In life and in sitting-Zen
I become what I fight,
what is surrendered flows in this and everywhere,
preaching is eloquent when I shut my gob
action universal when I let go of all doings,
whishing the release of knots, thinking the direction
wishing what I do not know,
wishing the ineffable
again and again
my homeless original face

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael Kendo Tait said...

Your writing releases my knots by 'whishing' as well.

It makes me happy to read you so happy - interpenetration working for you I guess!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Thank you Michael. So good to see your birdsfeet on this blog!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Michael Kendo Tait said...

When will you come to London and drink too much wine with me in The Eagle on Farringdon Road? Loud reggae, an open grill and birdsfeet in person...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

When will you have too much sake with me in Sakaide's bar and eat delicious Chinese and Japanese cuisine?

You said you would be over for next winter.

Is that true?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Michael Kendo Tait said...

It's more than likely...

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home