Saturday, February 14, 2009

No question, no answer

Old Amida in sitting-zen






In my limited experience, zazen exhausts both questions and answers, or if you wish, the need, the urge to be given a map to go and live. When ? and ! are dropped, we are taken back home, which is exactly here and now, a place we never leave. Then our being-time -here-and- now is a living question-answer. Action takes place and arises in this dynamic reality which is not anymore perceived or grasped through fears or hopes. Eating, we eat. Living, we live. Sleeping, we sleep. Or, if I put it another way, zazen is a way to redirect the flow of questions to the very source of our being-time, you actualize the fact that the answers are not anymore over there in books, traditions, teachings but that you are the answer to all the questions you ask. Questions do not beg for an answer but are seen and experienced as a way to wake up to this reality without necessarily putting your paws on any definite answer. A way to wonder, not to wander. It is true that then the whole universe, from toilets to kitchen, work and family and friends and things become the living questions put to us.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dirk said...

very true.
Thank you!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Thanks Dirk.
What about your sewing?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Dirk said...

I haven't sewn in a couple or 3 weeks, I intended to be ready for the En by months end, and still do. Tonight I will be sewing 2 panels together on the left side of the centre, and posting it up on the blog.

I know according to the Kesa Kudoku
that the process should be a steady work, with in a timely manner but life as lay person with a young family requires my attention quite often :D (4 weeks until our second is due too!)

Be forewarned, soon I maybe asking for your aid/advice with the en!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Dirk,

It once took me two years to finish a kesa. Another time I did it in less than a week...

Please, ask anytime. I may not be able to help, though.

Will soon prepare the fabric, documents and teaching scheme for the summer videos about kesa sewing.

Take great care

6:44 PM  
Blogger Dirk said...

Excellent! I am quite looking forward to it all!

I wish I could help in some way other than being an example of what happens when you make a mistake - but if that is needed, I am at your service!

Gassho

3:54 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Dirk,

I make plenty of mistakes. i am a mistake. But also utterly offered to the great way. Do you see any other way to be?

Keep going!!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Dirk,

I make plenty of mistakes. i am a mistake. But also utterly offered to the great way. Do you see any other way to be?

Keep going!!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Dirk said...

None what so ever (that is suiting)!

Gassho

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home