Monday, October 30, 2006

Sweet Jizo


I heard about the death of a friend today. Anne-Marie, full of love and grace. She died of being sad, of begging for love. She died because her dreams were so much bigger that the life she ended up with. Her beloved husband left her, her children could not really meet her, her friends went one after the other (and I was one of them). And yet, her smile and this fire in her. This raging love. Now she is in the light everywhere, in this true beautiful heaven on earth, now she loves and is loved beyond measure. As always.

Today I went to visit my stone Jizo after zazen. Beautiful day pouring blue light on children, bikes, tarmac and grass. A butterfly was playing with my nyoi-bo. And then I sang a few sutra and burned incense. In a very unsual way, I sensed a presence behind. Somebody watching playing with a few coins she was about to drop at the feet of the stone Jizo: an old beautiful lady. As I did gassho to her before leaving she said: “Sumimasen obo sama”, thank you.


singing sutra to a stone Jizo
behind, an old lady playing with coins
sweet Jizo in the flesh

3 Comments:

Blogger oxeye said...

you walk a fine line pierre. giving equal time to the present moment and your fantastic memories. what is that if not a middle way?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Taigu said...

In fact I would like to give less and less time to the past. Thank you for your appreciation, Oxeye.

11:10 PM  
Blogger oxeye said...

Pierre - My first post was an unartful way of saying that we are lucky that you generously share your you perceptions here. It is a great gift to us all..

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home