Monday, May 24, 2010

more junk

As I grow older
the sound of raindrops
so young

Comme je vieillis
le son des gouttes de pluie
si jeune


I urinate by the road
monkey try at mimicking
clouds

J'urine au bord de la route
essai de singer
les nuages


the pouring rain drenches everything
even
itself

l'averse trempe tout
même
elle -même


(about Santoka's poems)

His haiku like simple stones
made into treasures
by a child

ses haikus sont de simples cailloux
faits trésors
par un enfant

I go along
a few poems of Santoka
in my monk's bag

je me promène
quelques poèmes de Santoka
dans mon sac de moine
on the pavement
the homeless and his treasure
smashed cans

4 Comments:

Blogger oxeye said...

(the pouring rain drenches everything
even itself)

Pierre, I like that one especially.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Mmmm, dewdrops, nice one.

Regards from Ireland,

Harry.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Taigu said...

Oxeye, it is always nice to know you are around.

Thanks Harry. Your appreciation is...much appreciated.

By the way, I am busy rewriting a whole course on how to make a kesa in Sawaki Kodo's style. There will also be vids. The thing won't be available to everybody. Are you interested?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Pierre,

Thanks for the offer. I'm certainly interested in your course. I sent you an email to your hotmail.com address.

All the best,

Harry.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home